Monday, November 26, 2012

Nafi hosts

A few weeks ago I had the immense pleasure of hosting two CIEE students (the same program I did when I studied abroad in Dakar) on their rural visit. The idea is to give them a chance to see Senegal beyond Dakar, in at least one of its many vibrant shades, and in this case to give them a taste of what it's like to be a Peace Corps volunteer. I had a great time playing host as it gave me a chance to see my life in SPB from a new perspective and remind my host family, and the rest of the village for that matter, that Nafi was not built in a day. Imagine! a Toubab that doesn't speak Mandinka or Pulaar! Plus, they were wonderful guests - as easy-going and engaged as I could have ever hoped for. AND, added bonus, one of them was a fellow Barnard woman! Read what she had to say about the experience by clicking here and then here.


No comments:

Post a Comment